My Kitchen in Autumn

My Kitchen in Autumn

Saturday, July 2, 2011

What's with the neon green text? and Hyperbolic Crochet Pattern

Sorry about the silly green text. For some reason, I wasn't able to change it. Oh well I guess You'll have to put on your shades before reading hee hee.
 

Lately, I have been interested in "hyperbolic crochet" I checked out a link featuring a display of a crocheted coral reef. I don't have the link but if you want to see it, just google Hyperbolic crochet or crochet coral reef and you will find it. It's amazing!! I can't believe how much these free-form crochet pieces really resemble a coral reef. Right now, I am crocheting my own model of a coral using the "hyperbolic crochet" method. Hyperbolic is a mathematical term, so I am told by my engineer son. It describes an un-even plane that when crocheted, grows larger using the same sequence over and over, and turns into a coral like object that, made in cotton yarn, makes a great bath puff.
What I am trying, is making a chain of 2, then six single crochets into the second chain from the hook. Now just continue around and around putting 2 single crochets in each stitch until your coral (bath puff) is as large as you want. To make it more interesting change colors on the last row and single crochet once into every stitch around. I'll post pics of mine very soon.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment